1. The teacher and students create a challenge in a virtual whiteboard that must be:
- concrete so that it is manageable to allow ideas to be generated for solutions.
- in the form of an open-ended statement /question to allow it to be explored.
- in a format that enables students or external collaborators to realize or act on in the future.
2. The teacher asks the students to write down (computer/paper) the following three questions to which they should refer to throughout the activity:
- How do I/we/the organization create …
- How do I/we/the organization get …?
- How do I/we/the organization develop …?
3. The students write their month of birth in the chat, and are paired up in groups of five with the same month/or closets to
4. The students start working in their groups to formulate a challenge e.g. How do we create..?
5. The groups are paired together and present their ideas to each other. They give feedback to each other focusing on the 3 criteria above.
6. The students reflect on the feedback and ‘thought-shower’ to create their challenge.
7. The formulated challenges are shared on the virtual whiteboard, and the teacher or the students choose a challenge they want to work with in the 6 elements of the Digital Atom Model.