Facilited by the teacher
The aim is to gather feedback from clients to enhance the development of the prototype.
Project Groups & Clients
Presentation materials & a digital platform
- Students record their presentation of the prototype and upload it to a digital platform. Clients are given access to this.
- Clients are asked to review the presentation and post comments (text/video/audio) on the digital platform. The platform should include headings that reflect the brief of the challenge. This activity should be open for a number of days to allow for the client’s feedback.
- All comments are reviewed by the students and any minor improvements should be made to the prototype.
- Clients are invited to a face-2-face presentation of the updated prototype.
- Clients reflect on the presentation and then post feedback on Padlet.
- Students then review the comments and answer any questions from the clients.
- Both groups then reflect on whether the brief’s aims have been achieved.
The activity gives some ownership of the process to the clients and encourages a constructive approach from both groups. For the students, it reinforces the idea that failure is a crucial part of the learning process as they may have to return to the ‘Ideate’ phase to propose solutions to identified problems.
The activity could be done using online tools such as Padlet, virtual whiteboard and breakout rooms in Teams/Zoom.