- The students should each prepare a 5-minute presentation on a topic of their own choice.
- Students should pair with other students.
- The teacher distributes a list of positive comments to each of the pairs.
- Student A presents their work to Student B.
- Student B then uses the list of positive comments to feedback to Student A.
- Student B presents their work to Student A.
- Student A then uses the list of positive comments to feedback to Student B.
- The student then re-present and then have their performance reviewed noting any improvements.
This activity should create an awareness of others’ feelings and responses towards learning tasks. It should concentrate on the importance of effort, praise and a positive use of language towards others e.g. Can we work through a problem together? The activity can also develop a student’s sense of becoming socially and visibly confident.
The activity could be done using online tools such as Padlet, virtual whiteboard and breakout rooms in Teams/Zoom.